Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

User Access Controls Suggestion

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #487 by Joseph Johnson
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else saw the need to implement UAC?

For example, Registered users can upload resume, manage jobs applied to, and other Applicant tasks...

Author, Editor, Publisher users can Post Jobs, Review Resumes, etc..

Manager, Admin, Super Admins do not see these in the front-end; only quick access to Approve Job / Resume tasks.

So, there would be three different views depending on the user\'s group.

I\'m currently working on this, but I just recently started working with OOP and haven\'t figured out how to go about it, yet. But, hopefully I\'ll figure it out within the next few days, or someone will beat me to it.

;)

I\'m figuring I should be able to use the native UAC controls (to determine who can see a module / links / etc) and make it so the Super Admin can set UAC controls from the back-end. But, we\'ll see...

----
In the view.html.php files (specifically, views/jobposting/view.html.php) from lines 76 - 131 it specifies the UAC and there\'s an array for three values 0, 1, 2.

How could I expound upon this and make it so that jobposting view is restricted to user->author or above?

And, the same concept for views/resume/view.html.php, how can I restrict it\'s view to user->registered?
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.