Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Address Data - Can I have a refund please?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3550 by Andrew G
Hi,

After realising there were no States or Cities in JS Jobs I found the link to purchase the SQL file for $10 USD thinking I'd have to buy it anyway just to populate the Pro version when that is purchased

Upon installing I try to select 'New South Wales' but can't find it. Basically I want to test to see if I can add the name 'Sydney' in a form and also 'New South Wales' which is the State it's located in because at the moment it simply keeps returning with 'No Results' and then clears the field contents?

I opened PHPmyAdmin and did a search for 'Sydney' and found 3 entires in js_job_cities

Country ID's were 1, 2, 197 which are US, Canada and New Zealand so no luck there.

I then tried Perth and found 6 entries

2 in the US, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the last one was Australia (ID 196) but there's no State at all assigned to it.

If I need to add a state for here in Australia I would create a new one via joomla admin (for example 'Western Australia') then have to track down any cities that are actually in the database (via PHPmyAdmin) and assign them to 'Western Australia'. Is this correct?

Why on earth can't you set it so that people can just type in their own city and state into the form fields without keep getting a 'No Results'. It makes this component that appears to have so much potential completely unusable as not all Australians or residents of any other country live in the major cities and instead live in smaller towns or suburbs but they have no way of entering that town, Suburb.

I hope this post (if it's not deleted) makes other people aware of the issue before they part with either the $10 , buy the pro version or spend a great deal of valuable time trying to make it work for their website.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew
9 years 4 months ago #3619 by Andrew G
No reply in 1 1/2 months? I don't get how anyone can use this correctly (free or paid version) when applicants can't just type in their own city and state into the form fields without it having to be looked up by the database?
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.