Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How to hide the navigation bar

11 years 8 months ago #2355 by Satya K
Hello,
Firstly congrats on putting together this great product. I like it very much already.

I am trying to configure the same..
1. I want to hide the navigation bar that shows "Control Panel | Job Categories | Search Job | Newest Jobs and My Resumes"
2. Also i want to hide couple of tabs (Employers tab and Resume Editor tab) as all my audience are freshers. This will a dedicated site for freshers all-together
3. I want to hide "Basic Information" section ..
4. Lastly i want to change the labels from Applicant to Candidate

Can this be done by enable / disabling options in Configuration or do we have to do this via program code changes

Pls advise ..
11 years 8 months ago #2357 by Super User
Hi,

Thanks for nice comments.

1. Admin > Configurations > Links: hide all top menu links.
2. Resume > Fields > unpublished unwanted sections
3. You can not hide basic section, it required in queries.
4. Change in language file.

Best regards,

Ahmad Bilal
11 years 8 months ago #2359 by Satya K
Thank you so much for prompt reply. I was able to make necessary changes to my system.

I want to find out how to make any field required. Like i want to make Photo as mandatory field.

How do i sync this up with existing Joomla users??

Lastly, what is the best way to check and see if this profile page is updated by user or not... we are writing a small script to check between cms_user and JS Jobs users. That is not correct way. Instead, i wanted to fine out if there is any configuration available

Regards
11 years 8 months ago #2364 by Super User
Hi,

You need to edit php file to make field required.

Please check User Role > Users, all joomla users listed, you can change/assign their role.

Best regards,

Ahmad Bilal
11 years 8 months ago #2365 by Satya K
Can you point me to the correct php file for making PHOTO as required field.. Accordingly i will have to get the file from my FTP site and give it to the developer.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards
11 years 8 months ago #2366 by Super User
Hi,

Please edit ../components/com_jsjobs/views/jobseeker/tmpl/formresume.php

Find
<input type="file" class="inputbox" name="photo" size="20" maxlenght='30'/>

Replace with
<input type="file" class="inputbox required" name="photo" size="20" maxlenght='30'/>

Best regards,

Ahmad Bilal
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.