Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

User Registration Set Up

11 years 4 months ago #2586 by Graham Smith
When setting up the log in module there is a note displayed..

'This Module displays a username and password login form. It also displays a link to retrieve a forgotten password. If user registration is enabled (in the Global Configuration settings), another link will be shown to enable self-registration for users.'

Where are the Global Configuration settings or, more to the point, where do I find the user self registration enable switch?

The registration plug in is installed and enabled.

I can see Configuration and General (but not Global) in the JS Jobs component drop down menu but I cant see the self registration switch.

I am just setting up and feel very encouraged with very few problems so far . Although it can be embarrassing I am hoping that this is just my incorrect interpretation of instructions and not a serious issue.
11 years 4 months ago #2590 by Graham Smith
My site was using (and will still use) CB driven registration and log in.

On further exploration I find..

I can leave the CB registration and log in, in place and use the menu driven option (outlined in the JS Jobs documentation) for accessing the JS Jobs control panel for either employer or job seeker.

As far as JS Jobs is concerned, a user already registered at the site (using my CB registration process) and selecting either to go to the JS Jobs Employer Control Panel or Job Seeker Control Panel from the menu items established per the above paragraph will be met with the JS Jobs new user window and asked to select either Employer or Job Seeker. It seems cool.
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.