Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

JS JOBS FREE VERSION - FRESH INSTALL PROBLEMS

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3650 by J. Ellie
Hello there! I'm trying this package on a fresh install of Joomla 3.3. Here are my steps and things that I've experienced.

1) Set up Website, SQL database, installed Joomla package 3.3 . A very basic default package with no real data. I have a basic front end site with no categories, articles or menus apart from the default installation.
2) Uploaded JSJobs as of December 12/2014 so I'm assuming it's the most recent package in the Extensions manager - result - SUCCESS! [Green Message]
3) Followed along the documentation as provided by JOOM SHARK:

URL -> joomshark.com/index.php/component/jsdocu...le/article/102/301/4

They said to "Create menu item one for Employer and Jobseeker and new introduce User Registration to make two different menu for Employer Registration and Jobseeker Registration."

Can anyone who speaks ENGLISH out there understand what this person is saying? :unsure: Maybe the writer is a non-English speaker but I think he/she meant:

"Create two menu items, one called 'employer' and the other called 'jobseeker'. Create two more menu items, one called 'employer registration' and the other called 'jobseeker registration'.

NEXT STEP - > "Create two user Employer and Jobseeker [for testing]"

So I created two users as requested.

NEXT STEP -> CRON JOB

4) Joom Shark says at URL " joomshark.com/index.php/documentations/j...le/article/102/337/4 " says to:

"Please copy cron job link from JS Jobs admin control panel" :huh:

Again, the poor English makes me think I have to look in the JS Jobs Admin Panel to look for this "text image" text example. Of course I'll never find it there because it doesn't EXIST. The user should have said to paste the example "image text" into A CRON JOB within your C-Panel for your website.

In addition, the example given doesn't give a clear idea of what exactly t type. So I'm assuming it means:

curl "http:// full-path-to my-domain-here/index.php?option= all-the-options-for-the-cron-job" <--NOTICE HOW THEY BLANKED OUT PARTS OF THIS ON THE SITE. So you don't really have a clue what to exactly type ---RESULT = FAILURE! :huh: :huh: :huh:

But all this is really doing I think is setting up your automatic job alerts.

5) Other than this JOOM SHARK doesn't tell me much about how to set up the pages etc and from a user's point of view (apart from admin configuration under the JSJOBS Component in Joomla) it left me wondering what to do next. --> VERY POOR SUPPORT! :sick:

On the front end I now see my 4 menu items in addition to JSJOBS' menu which goes across the TOP. I click on one of these links and I get a page with all the ICONS for each section. I click on different icons and I get 'PAGE NOT FOUND" and other error messages. In addition on some pages the TEXT runs down the page like those OLD HTML pages with no images etc. :angry:

MY RATING OF THIS PACKAGE FOR LOOKS - 5 out of 10 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
SUPPORT - 1 out of 10 :huh:
OUT OF THE BOX READY - ZERO - 0 :unsure:

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME AND IF ANYONE HAS A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL OR YOU TUBE PAGE. Please Post :lol:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.