Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Google Maps - what to post in Map field to make it

12 years 10 months ago #1785 by Chris
do I have to put the Google Maps Key in there or the adress, coordinates, a link from google.

I like JS JOBS very much but I need to know how to integrate Google Maps in order to go online.

Please advise.

Chris
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1798 by Ahmad

Please write your valuable review JS Jobs and JS Support Ticket at JED.
12 years 9 months ago #1801 by Chris
I see, but this is not very comfortable. I have to get the geo coordinates of every adress - is there no way to integrate the maps feature more conveniently like in seminar ( seminar.vollmar.ws ) a component to book seminars in Joomla. They use the google API key and then you can just use the adress as location to even set a pin of the location.

This would be a very great addition to the otherwise already great component. I want to use the component so that youth around here can apply for a formation and for them the location of the job is of great importance as they are not as mobile as grown ups.

Thanks for your good component

Chris
12 years 9 months ago #1802 by Chris
Okay,

it's learning by doing, I just played around a bit with your code and the following works a little better:

maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&q=city_name...use&output=embed

Using this code you can put an address you have into the link and don't have to find out the coordinates of the location. This also shows a pin on the map.

Perhaps it would be possible for jsjobs to get those details aut of the fields set for the corresponding enterprise or to add a field in the job description so that you have a complete address for the job you can use in the embedded url.

I did realise this in a MS Access database where the URL was built from a number of different fields, so that schould also work here.

Thanks again

Chris
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.