Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Google Maps - what to post in Map field to make it

12 years 11 months ago #1785 by Chris
do I have to put the Google Maps Key in there or the adress, coordinates, a link from google.

I like JS JOBS very much but I need to know how to integrate Google Maps in order to go online.

Please advise.

Chris
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1798 by Ahmad

Please write your valuable review JS Jobs and JS Support Ticket at JED.
12 years 10 months ago #1801 by Chris
I see, but this is not very comfortable. I have to get the geo coordinates of every adress - is there no way to integrate the maps feature more conveniently like in seminar ( seminar.vollmar.ws ) a component to book seminars in Joomla. They use the google API key and then you can just use the adress as location to even set a pin of the location.

This would be a very great addition to the otherwise already great component. I want to use the component so that youth around here can apply for a formation and for them the location of the job is of great importance as they are not as mobile as grown ups.

Thanks for your good component

Chris
12 years 10 months ago #1802 by Chris
Okay,

it's learning by doing, I just played around a bit with your code and the following works a little better:

maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&q=city_name...use&output=embed

Using this code you can put an address you have into the link and don't have to find out the coordinates of the location. This also shows a pin on the map.

Perhaps it would be possible for jsjobs to get those details aut of the fields set for the corresponding enterprise or to add a field in the job description so that you have a complete address for the job you can use in the embedded url.

I did realise this in a MS Access database where the URL was built from a number of different fields, so that schould also work here.

Thanks again

Chris
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.