Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How to stop emails going to all users

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #6093 by David Byrne
I think I must have some fundamental misunderstanding of how this product works, or I've configured it wrongly.
Either way, any help would be very much appreciated :)

So I have three departments defined:
1. "Website problems", outgoing email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
2. "Booking queries", outgoing email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
3. "Payment queries", outgoing email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I have a number of Help Topics defined, allocated to these departments:
1. "Account locked" -> "Website problems"
2. "Registration problems" -> "Website problems"
3. "Missing payment" -> "Payment queries"
etc. etc.

The new ticket form works as I would expect - selecting a department causes the help topics for that area to be displayed.

I assumed that if a user raises a ticket, say by selecting "Payment queries" and "Missing payment", that the ticket would go to the outgoing email for that department and also to the administrator email.
However the tickets seem to be going to all the email addresses, is this right ?

I also have a number of Staff members defined - I assume these are just so that these people can log in to answer tickets, and that their Joomla email addresses are not used - is that correct ?

I'm really confused !

David
5 years 1 month ago #6094 by mohsin
Hi,
JS Support Ticket system uses department to separate outgoing emails.
If your issue is that everyone ( staff members and admin ) receive alert for new ticket
then you can add departments and configure staff members in such way that a specific staff member receive tickets addressed to department assigned to him.
There is a staff permission that can enable any staff member to receive alert for every ticket, you can assign or remove that permission from edit staff member layout. Permission name is 'All Tickets'.
Staff email is used to send alerts to that staff member.
If you still have any problem you can post that here.
Regards.
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #6095 by David Byrne
Hi mohsin,
Thanks for your reply. I checked and found that all my staff members had the "All tickets" permission so I removed that from them now.
Maybe that will fix my problem, as each staff member is allocated to only one Department.

Sorry - I changed my previous post as well because I was using the term "Support areas" when I meant Departments. It probably makes more sense now :)
All the best,

David
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.