Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

default country selection when loading page

14 years 10 months ago #386 by Martin Dave
there is a line in \\components\\com_jsjobs\\views\\jobposting\\tmpl\\formjob.php:

//window.onLoad=dochange(\'country\',-1);
// value in first dropdown

base on the comment above, this line should load the country drop-down menu with a default value. it was commented out in the code. I uncommented it and placed the country id for Pakistan(for instance), 80, into the function call like the following:

window.onLoad=dochange(\'country\',80);
// value in first dropdown

however, it does not seem to work. when I load the page, the country pakistan is still not selected as the default value for the country drop down. I noticed the same code appeared in a couple of other pages..

what am I doing wrong? how can I get this to work..I have already populated the database with the sql in US_PAK_UAE_states_countiies_cities.sql

thanks a lot for your reponse and help. I also would like to thank the developer for this fantastic component. great work!
14 years 10 months ago #387 by Martin Dave
btw, I forgot to mention: although the initial country code value doesnot get selected even with the line(window.onLoad=dochange(\'country\', 80); // value in first dropdown) uncommented, the state drop-down menu still gets populated when a country is selected. in other words, the AJAX code for populated country and state selection drop-down menu still work fine..it is just that I could not make a default value for the country select menu and hence the default state drop-down menu...
14 years 10 months ago #396 by Ahmad
Do not change the AJAX.

I replay to your other message.

Please write your valuable review JS Jobs and JS Support Ticket at JED.
14 years 10 months ago #419 by Martin Dave
Thanks for your help.

changing the line indeed made PK the default value for country selection drop-down menu. However, the state is not populated as a drop-down menu with all the state names. ideally, since the country was defauted to PK, the states should appear as drop-down menu instead of input box. In order to make all the PK states appear in the drop-down menu, I have to choose the country code again, which kind of beating the purpose of having a default country selected.

what else can we change to make this work?
14 years 10 months ago #426 by Ahmad
I\'ll try to add default country into configuration.

Please wait next release.

Please write your valuable review JS Jobs and JS Support Ticket at JED.
14 years 10 months ago #435 by MaRkSMaN
Martin Dave wrote:

Thanks for your help.

changing the line indeed made PK the default value for country selection drop-down menu....

Please tell me exactly which line(s) you changed to get the default country when page loads.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.